Monday 16 April 2012

Method 3: Learn English by listening

Happy New Year to everyone of you, guys. I hope you had fun at Thingyan festival. I did go to SMB concert and Toa Payoh monastery.

I know I didn't write here for sometime. I will punish myself by finishing off the rest of the methods asap.

So, as far as the title goes, we should learn English by listening. This could be the major and magic key in order to speak English automatically, fluently and correctly. I'm sure we all have the habit of practicing our English by reading the English conversation books or even textbooks when we were high school. The main problem here is that we were taught to be able to write English correctly. So, the main reason when we were at school is to use grammar correctly. We know grammar rules more than the native speakers. I'm sure you know it by now that being able to speak English fluently, quickly and automatically is very little to do with mastering in grammar rules. So, why do we bother learning grammar rules? Yes, if we want to sit IELTS, TOEFL, etc. for the purpose of getting into some colleague or university. I'm not saying that learning grammar rules is not important. But if you want to speak English with confidence, you must stop reading textbooks and conversation books. You should focus more on listening. And if you listen a good English conversation podcast, you learn vocabularies and grammar rules as much as you can learn by reading. I assure you that. But you have to make sure that you listen to easy enough English conversation pod casts or stories, which means that you should understand 95% or more without stopping or pausing while you are listening. You can try children's storytellers pod casts or elementary level conversation pod casts. In fact, I have lots of pod casts that I can give you. But I will have to make sure that you finish reading all of the seven methods. The reason is that I need to know if you are serious about it and willing to commit to it.

For more info, please email or add: englishteacherformyanmar@gmail.com

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment